In line with efforts to promote the Philippines as a center of gastronomy in Asia and develop its culinary tourism product, the Department of Tourism is organizing a Culinary Tourism Travel Exchange on the sidelines of Madrid Fusion Manila, an International Gastronomy Congress and Expo to be held at the SMX Convention Center from April 6-8, 2017.
For the very first time, the Department is set to invite international buyers specializing in culinary tour programs to visit the Philippines to conduct business to business sessions with local counterparts on Friday, April 7, 2017 also at the SMX Convention Center.
To buyers will be enjoined to attend the opening ceremonies and session in the Congress Hall on the first day, April 6 and attend a possible forum on Culinary Tourism and Farm Tourism at the Expo hall in the afternoon.
After this initial salvo, buyers will be invited to participate in post culinary tour modules of the Philippine countryside.
- Create awareness about Culinary Tourism and Farm Tourism through forums at the Madrid Fusion Manila International Gastronomy Expo
- Share experiences in Culinary and Farm Tourism and exchange ideas for its further development and promotion
- Mobilize Philippine sellers for culinary and farm tourism
- Invite international buyers specializing in culinary tourism and gastronomy tours
- Catalyze tourism trade development through the organization of a Culinary Tourism Travel Exchange that will feature one-on-one B2B meetings between sellers and buyers
- Support the development of culinary tourism packages and destinations by key stakeholders in the country